Monday, October 12, 2009

Service to thy Community

This blog has been past due. I haven’t had the free time or a surge of creative energy to write about anything lately, so I am just going to write about me.

Since I’ve come back to school I have participated in two community service events and I really enjoyed both of them. The first was a food drive and the second was a walk for children with down syndrome. The food drive was a great experience, I got the chance to go out into the community outside of the college campus and meet residents. The people of Plattsburgh are very giving and we collected two garbage bags of canned food for the Salvation Army shelter. Today was the Buddy Walk for children with down syndrome and it was such a rewarding experience. I got the chance to donate and show support for a cause which I believe is every important. Also, seeing many organizations such as sports teams, social clubs and Greek organizations take part in this community service event made me see how amazing it can be when many different people come together for the same purpose.


DON'T FORGET TO GIVE BACK YOUR COMMUNITY!

1 comment:

Mr. Bojangles said...

Yeaa I feel you.........SIKE!!!!!!