Saturday, May 22, 2010

Spring '10 Reflection...

I can reflect and write a blog now that I don’t have any assignments due and I’m not thinking about carbonyl compounds.

Finally, the spring semester of my sophomore year of college is over. It was a long and bumpy ride, but I completed it victoriously. I am happy of the semester’s events and wouldn’t change anything. I learned a lot about myself this semester. I learned to manage numerous activities, my social life and my academic life.  But, the most important thing that l learned this semester is that you need confidence in order to complete any difficult or challenging task.

"If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started"
-Marcus Garvey

This semester was my most challenging semester academically, but with the support of all my wonderful friends I was able finish with my head up high. I built a stronger bond with my “brooooos” n “sis” and always had their attention when needed. Although, we may argue over whose better, or whose group had the best presentation, or even the whereabouts of one another I still consider you all my second family. You guys are there in the trenches with me when the “guns” need to be drawn and I’m the same for you guys and wouldn’t have it any other way. I have met many great people this semester and cannot wait until next semester to build strong relationships that should last a life time.

To my mentors, you guys have inspired me in ways unimaginable. When there was no more push or fight in me all I had to do was give one of you a call for a refill of energy.  Emdin, we don’t talk much, but you always catch me at a time when I need some much needed words of wisdom. JW, although I always have to make an appointment to talk to you, you always give me something new to consider and think about. Angle, you’re always reminding me to “go in” and sending me positive energy when needed. Thank you all for your positive influences and support. Next step is to take over the world.

Although the semester is over there’s still this concern that has me feeling like Drake. What if I don’t like up to all the expectations people have of me and that I have for myself? Part of me uses it as motivation to strive for success, but a small part of me worries everything isn’t going to go as planned. But, I don’t mind “I’m nervous but I’m about to kill it.”

What if I don’t really do the numbers they predict/considering the fact that I’m the one that they just picked/to write a chapter in history this shit has got me sick/….I’m nervous but I’m about to kill it cause they about to let the realist team in.

-Drake “9 AM in Dallas Lyrics Freestyle”
Good Times of Spring '10:


 
My RA Team!


 
Good Friends


 
"Your groups presentation was cool, but my group had the best presentation of ALL TIME"

 
How can you hate Plattsburgh? We have lepercons.

1 comment:

Life & Timesss said...

C'mon you're a junior in college! "Lepercon" ??????? Smh. Get ya life together blackman.