Saturday, December 19, 2009

Lessons Learned (Fall '09)


The fall 2009 semester is finally over, midway through I thought I wouldn’t survive it. This was definitely a memorable semester with many lessons learned. The semester started off great on the social end, but as it continued I noticed my social life beginning to overshadow my academic life. It also didn’t make it any better that I was taking all major courses. Midway through the semester I became mildly depressed because the grades I was receiving weren’t up to my standards. A part of me began to give up on the semester and look forward to doing better in the spring semester. I began taking the L (loss) giving up on some assignments, even quizzes and exams. Then, I got very valuable advice. The advice was to focus all my energy on finishing the semester strong and do not think about the upcoming spring semester. My mind began to clear up and I recalled ADJAPONGS don’t give up. Got back on the grind and knocked out the last couple of weeks of classes and all my finals. I ended the semester strong and made organic chemistry my bitch, but I still wasn’t expecting my final grades to be as great as they were in the past. To my surprise I made the dean’s list ..again.. only thanks to the curve in my physics class, at least I was at the top of the curve. Hey I made it.
This semester I was focused on unimportant people, events and some drama which fueled my downfall. But I’m happy I experienced everything I did because it only makes me a stronger person. I can say I learned a lot about myself and the people around me this semester. Some may say my mouth gets me into trouble, but I beg to differ. If I said I meant it (sober of course). I know there are things I need to work on personally and through constant thought and reflection I am.
Next semester is going to be a challenging one and I have many goals to accomplish, but I’m ready and focused. Who’s stopping us?
Through it all I learned from many mistakes and have become a more rounded person.
“Ladies and Gentlemen/I ain't trynna be politically correct/But I won't rest till I'm givin my respect” – Wale (Triumph)

"All I got is dreams nobody else can see/Nobody else believes/Nobody else but me" - Jay - Z (History)

No comments: