Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Self-Realization

Haven’t blogged in a minute. Thanksgiving break was great!! It was just what I needed, a break away from Plattsburgh. I saw family that has been missing for years and friends that I love dearly. Although my break was very relaxing and satisfying in many ways I also had a lot of time to think (this tends to happen whenever I’m not in Plattsburgh). After some incidents that have happened in the recent past I’ve looked back at them and thought about the different ways they could have been resolved. I may have acted immature and maybe out of character, but I noticed that I let my pride get the best of me, when in my mind I know that man must put his pride to the side at times. Sometimes I know what is best for me, but I ignore it. I realized that I need to humble myself and be more loving toward all people.

For me this whole semester has just been a bust and isn’t going anywhere near the way I planned (but things never go as planned). I’ve lost some friends, but in that process I learned which friends I can truly trust. Nothing feels better than having a group of friends that you can be yourself around and tell anything. When I feel like the whole world is against I think “All I need is the love of my crew.”

At least after everything I can say I’ve learned and have become a better person from it.
Life is a learning experience..

At times I still feel like a young child who needs to always be pointed in the right direction, that’s why I look up to the people that I do because they’ve never steered me wrong. I could use some of their positive energy right about now.

I’ve realized some of my problems, but have no idea how to resolve them.
Why is it that we always know what the right thing to do it, but ignore it?

At times like these I use music for therapy: All I Need – Jay - Z

2 comments:

Mr. Bojangles said...

Worddddd... ROC BOYZZZZ

Rachel said...

"Why is it that we always know what the right thing to do it, but ignore it?"

That's a valid question. I always say we always know what we are SUPPOSED to do, but we opt to do what we want to do. Always.

I'm glad you're taking this time to get to know yourself blackman but i just hope you dont default on what you express here. its easier to diagnose the cancer than it is to treat it.

Miss you